03 540 electrical problems

myersark

I bought this car with 11K on it in 04. All-in-all, it has be a great car, except for the electrical issues. The first was missing pixels (dots) on the dash. The dealer fixed that. Said some later year models had the same problem.

Next, noticed the pass. side halos were out. Got a 'check side lights' message in my 'command center'. Discovered the pass. side running light/side marker is also out. Live over 100 miles from dealer, called them, they said to check the bulbs. Local mechanic did, bulbs good. No visually bad fuses.

Have had intermittent battery problems/dead car in am. The last time this happened (few days ago), battery jumped, car started, runs fine. BUT---not only do the halos/side light not work, but all I have on my dash is a working speedo and temp guage. Oh, and the little box that has the swing arm indicating current gas mileage. And yesterday, the airbag symbol came on. My gas guage came on for just a few moments two days ago, too. That's it. No date, time, temp, tach, etc.

Radio console: radio ok, inside temp in C, not F. That's all that works there.

Any ideas??? (I called dealer Fri, supposed to call back, but didn't).

Thanks!
Vicki

myersark

It worked! I read on the forums somewhere to disconnect the battery for 30 mins, then rehook it up. The guages came back on! =)

Thanks to the person posting the tip...may have saved me a lot of $$$ (See new post).

Vicki