2000 Z3

• Thread starter Toni M. McDonough
  • Start date
T

Toni M. McDonough

Has anyone had problems with the seat belt/airbag light coming on repeatly and staying on. I have had mine into the dealer 3 times and just made another appointment. The warranty will run out in November and I am concerned about the costs if this keeps happening. I called BMW customer service directly to see if the warranty would cover repeated problems, but received no satisfaction.

Big Daddy

I believe as long as it is a continuning problem (and has been documented) that has not been resolved when the warranty expires they are obligated to continue to address that problem until it is repaired to satisfaction. Be sure you have all the repair orders, names, dates, etc. so that should you have to make a case with BMW you can. I had a 97 2.8 and now have a 98 M, and never experienced what you are describing.

I had the same problem. They replaced the sensor and it hasn't acted up since. I agree with BigDaddy, if it's a documented issue that they have worked on but not fixed, they should be obligated to cover it. Don't be afraid to flex a little muscle, remember you are the costumer and they want you to buy another bimmer down the road.[;)]