alarm question M-roadster

ronald

Hi, I own a 2000 m-roadster.It is fun.The decal on the window says 'warning equipped with anti theft radio and electronic engine lock."I am trying to figure out if the car has a broken tilt switch and broken interior movement detector or none at all. I am thinking no switch and no movement detector because when the car is locked ,I shake the car and bang on the roof ,nothing happens.A friend says I may be able to have a ' micro vision sensor ' added to my existing system for about $200 or $250 ... My goal is to leave my soft top down (for short times) and scare away any jerks who may be reaching in! comments? thanks ,from ronald

JonE

I think the decals just relate to the radio and if someone tries to start your car without the key with the chip in it, it won't start.
If you have factory keyless/alarm then you may be able to add a movement sensor, you'd have to check BMW for this option.
I added an aftermarket keyless/alarm system that has several add-on options that you can choose from.
Good luck

ronald

I found out I had a disconnected glass breaking sensor.No factory tilt switch.So then I had a micro-vision sensor integrated into my factory security system.It cost me $250. Some day I will get some type of tilt switch installed.