Aotomatic Transmission Problems

NotDadz

I have an automatic transmission that is a five speed Steptronic in a 2002 Z3 2.5i sport convertible. My problem is when I go from drive to my sport mode by 'shifting' it to the left and/or shift it in to manual mode; it will go in to it very easy like it should. However, when I go to slide it backs in to drive it doesn't want to go. It fills as if it is hitting something. I found it I move it lift and right like a manual in neutral trying to go in to reverse, it will go in to drive but it take a try or five. I lifter the car with one of the 2 post lift at my collage (Arkansas State University where I will soon be graduating for 4 time) and couldn't find any wrong from the bottom side. I don't know how to lift the cover off the shifter yet, to see if any thing is hitting. It just started doing this. It only has 35000 miles. Have any of you had this problem and fixed it or had it fixed. The BMW dealer in Little Rock cannot repair any thing and only make my problems more unpleasant and worse then it was. They even messed up an easy oil change. Yep. Does anyone know somebody that can fix BMW’s in Arkansas? e-mail me at fryreartechnology@hotmail.com Thank ya.