Brake light pain!!!

The last couple of days my brake light warning light has been coming on when I hit a bump. [?|] Doesn't do it all the time. I'm thinking since the wire loom is 20 years old I've got a connection issue or bad wire. I've had several sections repaired in the past year or two. The car has 116 k miles and had the last brake job at around 86K so I don't think it coming from the brake sensors at the rotors? Brake light comes on normally during start up and once I touch the brakes it goes off, as it should. Then when I start driving and hit a hard bump it will sometimes come on. Car has sport bilsteins so it does have a firm ride.

I've checked the rotors and they still fall with in wear specs. I plan on doing a brake job later this fall.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this??? [unsure]

I guess I've caused this problem since I was looking over my service log and parts reciepts ( there are lots of entires on both)!! Its been almost 7 months of trouble free daily driving without any issues. I just had to look at the dates!!!! Now this starts....Oh the joys of keeping an E30 perfect.

What else do I have to do with my spare time!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[driving2]

Zdaneman sends

That bulb up on your "check" control is for the brake lights... has nothing to do with your pads. The pad sensor will light up on your instrument cluster. You may just have a loose bulb in one of the sockets. I've had a bulb base flat spot on me, and would open the brake circuit.

yeah...it's the bulbs, the brake lining light would come on otherwise...probable loose bulb in the rear light assembly.....

QUOTE=E30m42cab;204547]That bulb up on your "check" control is for the brake lights... has nothing to do with your pads. The pad sensor will light up on your instrument cluster. You may just have a loose bulb in one of the sockets. I've had a bulb base flat spot on me, and would open the brake circuit.[/QUOTE]

Just figured it out!

I was fooling around with the rear lights this afternoon and found a loose bulb. Then I got on the computer and you guys were spot on! Thanks!

[bmwdance]

Zdaneman sends[driving2]