Brand New Car...Need Polish?

By polish do you mean using a random orbital? You would need to check with vlad but I am perty sure that you dont polish your car unless the shine is diminishing or if you have swirl marks. I would say to just wash and wax, make sure to read vlad's and my detailing gudes so that you prevent any swirl marks.

Also have you though about the use of Zaino?

Get your car out in the bright morning sun light, and look for water spots. From the time your dealer prepped your car, there could be a few left behind. If so, then you should polish your car. If not, then wax away!

Yeah, I read both those guides....GOOD Stuff!....never knew there was so much to cleaning a car...I got some McGuirs Glaze and P21S carnuba, egyptian and MF towels!

What is Zaino again?...I know I have seen it in a bunch of threads.

Thanks
Brian

Zaino is basicly a brand of wax. You use it differently though. You would use Zaino instead of the glaze and P21S. Personaly I think it is easyer once you get the hang of it and the shine is some of the best I've seen. I have complete instructions of its use in my guide.

You would be very suprised what crap is imbedded in your paint even when brand new. You should clay your car and use a mild polish like P21S Cleansing lotion or your Meguiars Glaze. You'll be suprised how you can make your car look even better with the glaze/lotion than it did on the showroom floor. You'll love your P21S wax.

Actually, when I bought my car I caught a glimpse before the wash...and my god, was it dirty, muddy...i turned away quickly and have tried to forget about it since...they push their luck with the way they store their vehicles...I always wonder why they dont leave the white plastic wrap on the car, put on for travel? Do you really think I should clay it?? ALso I already have some scratches...should I buy something special for that or should I jsut use the glaze/wax to cover it up?

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh definatly clay the car no matter what route you choose. It has been showed that even new cars can highly benifit from a clay. Whether or not the car needs to be polished is another story. Vlad will have to tell you about the scratches.

There are only two way to handle scratches, if they're not severe; 1. Polish and glaze will disguise or hide the scratches. 2. A professional detailer with a good wool pad and buffer can remove them.

If they're severe, typically you will need to repaint the affected panels.

"Nice ride..."

[wave]

Salvo, I downloaded your photo. Looks like you have a Silver Gray metallic.

I just picked-up my Silver Gray 330i 'ZHP' {Performance Package} in December.

I was only home for 10 days and didn't get the chance to put a wax on her.

I'm currently trying to use up a bottle of Zymol. When it's empty I think I'll purchase

a bottle of Zaino Brother's wax.

What other options did you get w/your 330i? [thumb]

Thanks...I got a 6-speed with your standard sport/premium package...I should of got the performance package, but I could not wait 2+ months for a special order. Manuals are hard to find as is! I plan to put some new wheels and UUC shit knob/interior changes...but no engine mods...well not anytime soon, atleast!

Let me know what you think of that Zaino wax, i think i will try it next...once you get it shiny...post some pics, im curious to see the perf package on the 4-door...

Rough life living in Vegas, Huh![cheers]

Originally posted by salvo Rough life living in Vegas, Huh![cheers] [/B]
Life's not too shabby in "Skin City."

The "Rough life" is living on this sandbar they call an island on Johnston Atoll while my new

'ZHP' is in the garage [bigcry] at home.

I'll be home [for good] in April, get the lady all waxed up & post some pic.s...