Calling all M Coupe Owners, I need Impressions of handling over 100 mph

First of all, how many M Coupe owners are out there?

Second, I want opinions of other owners of handling at speeds over 100 mph. Mine has 50k on the stock suspension and I'm looking at upgrading. I don't track but live in a very rural area where I can open her up.

At about 110 mph she feels floaty to me. I have stock size Pirelli P-Zero Nero's.

Obviously I'm in the U.S. and we know the road quality, but my belief is that stock suspensions, even good ones, don't last very long.

Anyone out there that's gone from stock to aftermarket I'd love to hear the details.

What the ride was like before and after.

I'm looking at the obvious starting points, Bilstien sports and HK springs.

I don't think it needs lowering from stock, it's pretty low now.

Big Daddy

Mine is not a coupe, it is an M roadster, regardless I have Dinan springs and Koni adjustable shocks. I feel 100% solid at 130+ mph, granted this was on a track, but my car is solid.

Don't know why I'm not getting e-mail notification of replies to this post.

The car is fantastic in every other way, I keep up with all maintenance.

At lower speeds it seems rock solid.

Big Daddy, what was the mileage when you installed the Dinan goodies?

Did you notice the same ride quality I'm talking about before the upgrade?

Did you use a BMW dealer or independant?

I see the Dinan S3 package and just drool over the upgraded suspension and 340 HP!

Previous to installing the new suspension I felt comfortable at 100 mph... I have to admit that after installing the Bilsteins and getting new bushings in the rear, my confidence level boosted at all driving speeds...

If you have the money get new suspension...... It's worth it...

Big Daddy

I had H&R springs on the car when I purchased it and they were awful! The car wandered at high speeds and bobed up and down like a fish. I went with the Dinan about four years ago and had an independent shop install the system. They were a Dinan authorized and if you wait until the off season (usually around Jan - March) they have a 40% sale. I believe the car had about 25k on her when I upgraded to Dinan.

I had a 97 2.8 Z3 before this car and I liked her, but the M with the Dinan is SUPER! I also had Dinan on a 91 318is and loved it.