Cel

grc

96 1.9 w/ downing/atlanta supercharger, been installed for 40-45k no issues. Fogged airbox, had alcohol/water injection set-up but it's in-op for last season and this season, i think the pump locked up, funny thing, my windshield washer pump also quit recently.

it idles fine right at start-up but as it warms up the idle and driveability deteriorate. when i parked it tonight after the test drive it was missing pretty steady at idle.

it's throwing "idle air control open" and "idle air control closed" codes, A8 and A9 from my Peake tool. it also threw "idle air control mechanically stuck" so i replaced the IAC valve. CEL came back on immediately.

i've been suspecting the O2 sensor for some time(115k) so i changed the pre-cat sensor hoping for the best. no joy, CEL came back on immediately.

at this point i'm thinking tear down the intake side, from the airbox, throttle body, supercharger and intake for inspection and check for loose bolts/gasket leaks but that would be a different code for sure anyway. now i'm thinking maybe i forgot to plug something back in?

my K&N is nasty dirty too, need to take care of that. i might just put a paper filter in there to eliminate the possibilty of the filter oil causing trouble...

could it be from running a few gallons of E85 mixed in a tankfull of premium? seems like the CEL popped on right after my last fill-up. i've been mixing like that for at least a couple seasons.

what would throw IAC open and closed codes, does the MAF sense anything at idle?

any ideas?