e46 M3 Eisenmann exhaust

does anyone have or plan to get the Eisenmann exhaust for their e46 M3? if so, what are your thoughts on it as compared to the factory exhaust. i drove one at the dealership and totally felt in love with the exhaust. however, i'm not sure how it'll turn out in the long run. while driving the car, i felt more power and responsiveness when shifting at higher revs. it am in love with the mean sound that it produces. are there other companies that manufactures such quality and power comparable to Eisenmann for the e46 M3? let me know what you guys think. i am leaning towards getting one[:D]

Tom

Staff Team
I plan on getting it. Hopefully later this year or early next year. I haven't heard the sound yet, but the main reason why I like it is because its one of the lightest on the market.

Tom

Staff Team
Supersprint and Hamann are the same, I think they look great, but a little over priced. My friend Rick used to have an AC Schnitzer on his M3, I personally didnt care for the tone and IMO the tips look ugly.

well...i drove an m3 with eisenmann on and then drove one without. i just like the mean sound of it and bigger tips as compared to the stock. no other reason.

jcortney

I bought the "performance" version. I heard the "Sport", which sounded just like the stock exhaust and the "Race" which was too loud for me.

I love the sound and the tips are the best. I didn't realize how puny the stock tips looked until I got mine.

I do have a suggestion. Have it installed by a QUALITY muffler shop so that they get the fitment right. The biggest complaint I've heard is that they rattle/rub/squeek. I took the mechanic about 15 minutes to adjust it properly and it has been working flawlessly for the last three months.

jcortney

m3onkey said:
i believe the m3 i drove has the race exhaust, because it was substantially loud compared to another m3.
I also drove in one that was a "Race" model and while it sounded great, it was just too loud for me. The "performance" was the perfect (again for me) compromise.

My next buy will be to get their center pipe and resonator. I just hate the rasp.

Good Luck.

hey thanks. good luck as well. did you get any word from the dealer about the exhaust? something like, 'it's going to void your warranty' or any of that stuff?

yea i was looking at one of those for my E36 a while ago.....but i think that the stock exhaust one the E46 sounds really puny in my opinion, i mean the car is the sh!t just not impressed with the exhaust!

E36M3 said:
yea i was looking at one of those for my E36 a while ago.....but i think that the stock exhaust one the E46 sounds really puny in my opinion, i mean the car is the sh!t just not impressed with the exhaust!

get the eisenmann! [:D] let you know how it goes with posted pics in the near future.

I have the Supersprint on mine and have been very pleased with it. It looks much better than stock, weighs less, and gave a little bump in HP. It is not loud at all, so if you are looking for a big change in tone, you may want to look elsewhere. I had the B&B triflo on the car first and it was too lood for my tastes, but may be what you are looking for. They both look great on the car.

Have fun

ZachD

jcortney said:
I bought the "performance" version. I heard the "Sport", which sounded just like the stock exhaust and the "Race" which was too loud for me.

I love the sound and the tips are the best. I didn't realize how puny the stock tips looked until I got mine.

I do have a suggestion. Have it installed by a QUALITY muffler shop so that they get the fitment right. The biggest complaint I've heard is that they rattle/rub/squeek. I took the mechanic about 15 minutes to adjust it properly and it has been working flawlessly for the last three months.
I'm about to put the same exhaust on mine either performance or race, but I was looking for a good muffler shop to put it on. I live in the dallas area I was just wondering were you got your's done, it sounds like they did a good job.

bobowick said:
I have the Supersprint on mine and have been very pleased with it. It looks much better than stock, weighs less, and gave a little bump in HP. It is not loud at all, so if you are looking for a big change in tone, you may want to look elsewhere. I had the B&B triflo on the car first and it was too lood for my tastes, but may be what you are looking for. They both look great on the car.

Have fun
Yeah, I'm looking for something that's sounds mean and loud. I'm leaning towards the Eisenmann Performance or Race.