Headliner come-apart need fix advice

Has anyone had an issue with their headliner separating form the sunroof trim area. Mine is bad, and near the sunvisors too.

I bought some 3M spary adhesive (light fabric style)

Anyone done this before, and have any tips, tricks, or advice. I want it to look decent, but as long as it looks better I will be fine with it.

dblE

Has anyone had an issue with their headliner separating form the sunroof trim area. Mine is bad, and near the sunvisors too.

I bought some 3M spary adhesive (light fabric style)

Anyone done this before, and have any tips, tricks, or advice. I want it to look decent, but as long as it looks better I will be fine with it.
I took mine completely out and had it re-upholstered. The guy did an okay job. I tried adhesives, but they don't work. Since I took the headliner out myself, labor was zero. Total was about $60 or so, can't remember exactly how much. I did it in 2003 about 5 years ago. It's not really hard, but you want to take out front seats. The headliner does bend so you won't hurt it all. It still going strong and looks nice. I also got to pick from several patterns. Oh I have the two door so it will be easier than the sedan. Good luck.[bmwdance]

I'm all about the 3M stuff... I used it to fix my sunroof liner on my E34. Just follow the instructions, and it'll work. I used a toothbrush around the edges (sprayed the adhesive onto the brush) to keep from spraying it all over.... but spray away on the fabric, but not too much that it soakes through. This was over two years ago that I did that, and it still looks as good as new.

10-4, I will give it a shot.... do i have to remove the trim around the sunroof or can I jam in under with a credit card or something flat...

all done

I sprayed the 3m stuff on the roof backing material, and when it started to dry I manipulated the farbic under the trim. It worked great. It was just hard to balance the amount of glue, and still make it stick without getting soaked through or discolored.

It is coming loose a little around the sunvisors, probably cause I didn't use enought. I was too worried about it staining. Going back in with another shot... I think it is holding though (knock) we have had 90 degree plus days already.