Help? How to clean Bird, Acid Rain, or other etched in marks..

Just got my Blue Topaz Metallic 323ci yesterday and its in very good shape except on the trunk and top there are a few spots on the paint that look like the previous owner let some bird crap settle in too long or maybe a cat walked across the top with dirty feet (urine on its feet?)....

It doesn't seem like I can wax this out and wonder what the best way to get these spots out.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon so maybe this will make more sense.

Bird crap is unbelieveably nasty and will etch into the paint's surfasce. Typically, a professional detailer would have to buff these marks out.

Special K

Easiest fix I know of to prevent etching is carry a spray bottle of water diluted with mild car soap (even a few drops cuts the acid more than just water) and a rag in the trunk. When you see the damage from the bombing run, attack back with those tools, but remember, and this is weird but true, birds eat tiny rocks and eventually those rocks make their way into the s**t, thus a splattered home on your paint/clear coat. So be careful when you swipe. Clean it well and treat the area with wax/polish when you get home. You shouldn't have any problems if you get it early. Also try Zaino Bros at zainostore.com and contact a rep for professional info. They may have the answer to your problem. They're quick to respond and have a variety of products that will probably make that cat with dirty paws slide off your hood like it was shot out of a cannon. Good luck.

Special K said:
... have a variety of products that will probably make that cat with dirty paws slide off your hood like it was shot out of a cannon. Good luck.
how about a product that will electrify my car while I'm not in it...

I'm contacting a local detailer recommended by a local sports car dealership about the spots.

I'd like to just get it detailed once REALLY good and see if they can get the spots out then I'll be sure to take care of it from then on...

worm

Special K

Good luck with your aerial assault issue. Just be sure you don't get some kid that started up a detailing business because it sounded like a profitable idea to "test" his/her skills on your paint. Hope it works out for you. By the way, BMW does offer a special 5 and 7-series with all kinds of gizmos including bulletproof glass, run-flat tires, no doubt a travel bar in there some where, etc that outwardly apperas no different than the layman's model so as not to attract additional attention. I'm sure they would be happy to electrify it to meet with your special needs at a nominal fee. I think the Jun or Aug Bimmer Magezine has a small snipet about it following the 3-series profile.