help with dme ecu

malciebear

hi anyone know about ecu on 320i...mines playing up and my bmw is riding like a donkey....ive just got it back from having shite loads done to the engine....new fan clutch...new head gasket plugs n leads.....new vanos timing unit.....new air flow regulator.....new filters and oil changehad it tunned by bmw...and now its come back with poss dme failer need replacing....and bmw want 819.00pounds 2 fix the ecu and re program it.....ive just spent over a thousand and really runnin out of budget.......i have a qestion........CAN I REPLACE THE ECU WITH ANOTHER ECU FROM ANOTHER BMW THE SAME YEAR AS MINE WITHOUT ANY TUNING OR REPROGRAMING....and also can i use a ecu from a 2.5 e36....????????...would ither of these work as a direct replacement????any help would be very muh appre on this heartbreaking situation i have!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replaced my ECU and the dealer had to reprogram it. They did a great job, have had no problems with the milage or the performance. They didn't charge me for the reprogramming by the way.