I think my fuel pump is dying.

Tom

Staff Team
After letting her sit in the garage for 3 weeks, I decided to take her for a spin. Its been awhile so I drove it a bit hard while merging onto the highway. Next thing you know my car felt like its stalling and now there is no more acceleration in any gear. I bet if some kid in a Civic decides to race me they would probably win [:p] .

The engine idles fine which and there are no fluid leaks.

Anycase, taking her into the dealer this week to see whats going on. [nutkick]

If you guys have any other thoughts, please let me know.

silvere46m3

4000 Post Club
Tom said:
After letting her sit in the garage for 3 weeks, I decided to take her for a spin. Its been awhile so I drove it a bit hard while merging onto the highway. Next thing you know my car felt like its stalling and now there is no more acceleration in any gear. I bet if some kid in a Civic decides to race me they would probably win [:p] .

The engine idles fine which and there are no fluid leaks.

Anycase, taking her into the dealer this week to see whats going on. [nutkick]

If you guys have any other thoughts, please let me know.

hey tom,

how you been? i had the same probably with my car. i diagnosed it and found a bad fuel pump. so i replaced it myself and replaced the fuel filter also. i also know someone else that drives an m3 that did the same thing.

Tom

Staff Team
Dang Mike, how the heck are you? Give me a call sometimes, the SIM card on my old phone went bad and I lost your phone number. Send me a PM with your phone so I can give you a call. Plan on going back to CA in August and stopping by to visit you and Con.

Big Daddy

Tom, I believe Mike is correct, main fuel pump. Are you going to replace it yourself like Mike did or let the dealer do it? Keep us posted! Oh yeah...do you want to race? Hehe!

I hope Tom doesn't get any hot shot ricers trying to show up an M3 - if he does, there will be some kid in a '85 Civic posting all over the net how his VTEC toasted an M3!!! [fake]

Tom said:
Nope, warranty just expired. [drinking]

I'm heading down to the dealer Wed.
That sux man. Have a few beers to numb the pain.[kick]
It sure is odd how when things sit for a bit, they tend to break...

Tom

Staff Team
Well got my car back today and it drives better than ever. Turns out it was the Air Flow sensor. The part itself cost me $371.77. [mad]

that same thing happened to my father's s-54 M-roadster, but his was still under warranty. BMW has been having problems with their MAF on these cars.