My Zaino Arsenal...

I have taught you well grasshopper.

The four small bottles are the ZFX, they are the mixing bottles for it. You see that tiny little blue bottle inside of the bottle on the right, that is the actual ZFX. For those of you who can rember I said in my detailing guide that "ZFX is like liquid gold" now you know why. That tiney little dropper cost $20.

Nice supply, all great products except one. The Z1 you purchased (bottle on far left) is not needed. When you use ZFX you dont use that one, possibly you can return it as you dont need it. The explain this here http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-1&Category_Code=Zaino

Last edited:
Tweet: [;)] [;)]

jonnyz16: The Zaino Polish can be applied two ways. The first way is by applying the pre-cleaner (Z-1, brown bottle all the way on the left), and then applying the Z-2 or Z-5 (the two bottles next to it) on top of the pre-cleaner. That takes 24 hours to fully dry and so you have to wait 24 hours until you can apply another coat of Zaino. The four bottles that you see in the box in the middle are called "ZFX". Inside the bottle with the blue cap (bottle on the right in the box), there is a smaller blue bottle filled with the ZFX formula. What you do is, you put 2 ounces of the Zaino product (the second pink bottle on the left or the one next to it on the right with the blue 'Z' label) with 10 drops of that stuff in one of the four small empty bottles. You then shake it vigorously and then apply the formula onto the car. It makes the Z-1 Pre-Cleaner unnecessary (which saves effort) and it makes the Zaino dry immediately on the car. So as soon as you are done applying your first coat of Zaino, you can dive straight into your second coat of Zaino. Zaino is a product that works off of "layers" or "coats". The more coats you apply, the deeper the shine. I am going to apply two coats of the Z-5 (third bottle on the left, with the blue 'Z' label), which removes swirl marks and hairline scratches, and then two coats of the Z-2 (pink bottle on the left), which provides the ultimate shine. I hope I didn't confuse the shit out of you.

vlad: bear = beer? If so, that's a damn good way to make time go faster. [hihi]

he he, MrElussive you must have been typing your message right as I was. If you know that you dont need the Z1 then why do you have it?

To clairify:
Z1 is only used twice a year before you Zaino your car, not before every time. Again you dont have to do so when using ZFX.

When using the regular Z2, meaining not using ZFX you said "takes 24 full hours to fully dry" not shure where you heard that but it is actualy 3-4 hours. ZFX speeds it up to about 1 hour, making it so that you can do more coats quicker.

coyotefreek, I am going to use the Z-1 to make sure I get rid of all the Liquid Glass Auto Polish on my car. I am planning on doing this: washing my car with Dawn, applying Z-1 and letting it haze, rub OFF the Z-1. Wash car again with Dawn, and then proceed to using Zaino w/ZFX. Can I do this? One wash with Dawn will not fully remove the Liquid Glass. I have the Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner, but I prefer to use the Zaino Z-1 product to remove the Liquid Glass rather than using Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner (because washing with Dawn does not remove the Liquid Glass completely).

It cant hurt to try the Z1, I always though Dawn would take all of any wax off. You should be able to tell if the wax is stripped, if you take a towel and sort of slide it on your hood it ought to slide right off. If there is resistance and it stops then there is still wax. You will also notice after washing the wax off that the water dosent bead.

coyotefreek, I just checked the web site. If you use the Z-1 with the Z-5, you have to wait 24 hours until applying another coat. If you use ZFX with the Z-5, then you spray the Z-6 Gloss Enhancer, you can just immediately apply another coat of Z-5...you don't have to wait at all.

Yup, I applied the shit last week-end. I applied four coats of the Zaino (two coats of Z-5 for swirl marks and fine scratches, and two coats of Z-2 for ultimate shine for cleaer-coat cars). I will start a new topic with the pictures very soon....[:D]