New mod done!!

Yeah, so there's a foot of snow on the ground, and I've been biting the bullet waiting to do another project on my baby. So I decided to do a small one on my mom's E30. I installed a second factory trunk light in the factory hole in the trunk. At first I wired it up like a chump, wiring them in line with each other, but then sorted it out quick enough. Did a ver tight job, no butchering. Looks good, makes a big difference too.

So now I'm wondering if anyone actaully has an E30 with double trunk lights without doing it themselves? I've never had an E30 with 2 trunk light, so I'm wondering why it wasn't done on more E30s.[scratch]

Scott, can't say I like the idea of an e30 with two boot lights.

Care to post up some pics with the lights on and off, get your mum to hold the brake pedal for ya [thumb]

Scott, can't say I like the idea of an e30 with two boot lights.

Care to post up some pics with the lights on and off, get your mum to hold the brake pedal for ya [thumb]
No, no, I'm not talking about tail/brake lights, I mean the light inside the trunk. There's usually only one light on the left side of the trunk lid beside the switch to light up the inside of the trunk. If you look on the other side, there's another cut out for another trunk light, but I want to know if anyone else has this from the factory.

Love it.

BTW snow??? I went sailing yesterday. Water was 23°C (That's 73°F statesiders).

Was so hot at work today I HAD to stop off for a beer at lunchtime.

I'm so doing your trunk light mod! Have the spare one from KT's crashed e30.

Ohhhh! That looks awsome! yep I'll be doing the same.

Not sure on weather BMW put two in at factory, seems weird they would leave the allocation for it though?

Hit 29°C here in Aussie today! Was sweating like a pig in the workshop, but it has been much hotter!

Bastards!! Not only was it -20 here a couple days ago, but you're copying my mod!!! J/K, I knew you guys would like a nice simple mod that looks factory, and I knew Graham would be all over it, seeing as how he has access to the totalled E30. I bought 25 feet of white 14 gauge wire, and only used about 3ft. Also, General Electric makes a double male splitter that will fit the standard wiring connectors in the trunk. You should be able to find them at your local parts store. So all you have to do is connect a double male to the ground (switch) , and a double male to the power... crimp two females to two lenghts each of 14Gauge wire. Super easy. It's also a nice touch if you use some heat shrink tubing, clean the lenses in the sink, and put two new bulbs in:)