New Parts!!!!!

Dave8812

My dad and I finally ordered some much needed parts so that I can continue rebuilding my engine. After many months of the good ol' six being out of commission I can finally get busy! We ordered the cylinder head, timing chain, thermostat and some small pieces for the chain... all for only $1,200!!![rolleyes] The biggest job right now is taking apart the head. Hopefully all will go smooth and quick! I'll be sure and update everyone as I make progress, which might not be too quick with school in session.

Last edited:
Good luck Dave with the rebuild. It will be nice to have another 6 series back on the road soon. Try and post pics during your rebuild. Later in life you will be able to look back on it and remember what fun/pain it was....heh

We're pulling for you....

Dave8812

Thanks... I need the encouragement. It's gonna be a long project. Tranni and engine block are next. Probably new pistons and getting the cylinders bored out. I'll take some pics tonight maybe.

Good luck! I hope you take pics all throughout the process for kind of like a journal of sorts. It would be cool to have a picture journal of the whole rebuild process. Keep us posted....