Problem... E36 323 Beeping

Okay hi to everyone just found your website through google.

I bought my car in April 2008 and the only problem with it at that time was the lights on the dashboard kept randomly cutting out then coming back on? (backlights when i have my headlights on)

That seems to be less of a problem as it only does it sometimes and not others....

Another problem ive recently discovered (last 2 months) is a random set of three beeps coming from the dashboard then nothing... (no lights flash no nothing, just three beeps) id say on a hour journey it does this at least once.... Cant figure it out....

Today i'm driving a 18 mile journey to York... Half way there all of a sudden theres these beeps again.... This time they haven't stopped. continuous beeping all the way there... i park the car up (lock it) go to where i need to go come back and it is STILL beeping with the car locked even the keys arnt in the ignition....

On my travels home i call into halfords (RIP OFF) to buy a 13 mil spanner, i disconnected the battery (live) and waited a minute then put it back on.. Only for the beeping to continue....

Anyway ive arrived home and ive disconnected the battery completely just wondered if anyone can help me with this complete pain... seriously it was getting on my nerves.

Thankyou very much for any help you can offer me.

(BMW 323i 2.5 engine E36 model on a R reg.) btw i am from england

The noise comes from a little speaker in the drivers side footwell built into the dashbord with a 3 and 4 pin plug on the back...

what is this and what is it warning me of?!?!?!?!?!?!

There are several alarms built into the computer. It's probably one of these, from the manual:

An hour signal and/or any arbitrary reminder time can be programmed or checked with the "MEMO" key:

After pressing the "MEMO" for 3 seconds enter "MEMO" appears in the large display, ":00" appears in the small display.

After entering any time (minutes) with the digit keys "1" and "10" and acknowledging with the "SET/RES" key, the hour signal then sounds 15 seconds before each full hour plus the set time in minutes.

Gong time = Full hour plus input time in minutes minus 15 seconds.

The outside temperature can be monitored with the "A-TEMP" key; at outside temperature from 3 degrees Celsius and below, the driver is warned by a gong signal.

With the "LIMIT" function it is possible to enter a speed value, at which an audible and visual warning is given when exceeded.