rebuilt or salvaged title

hky001

I've been looking into getting an e36 m3. Would you recommend getting one with a rebuilt or salvaged title, or is that taking too big of a chance?

Depends what you are looking for in the car. If you don't care about resale value and want something that is inexpensive, a car with imperfect title may make sense. It goes without saying that such a car would have to be inspected very carefully by a competent body shop and BMW mechanic. As long as you go in with your eyes open to the potential problems, including reduced crashworthiness if it was in an accident, you should be okay.

If it was me, I would not buy a salvage M3 unless it was to build a race car.

Yeah, If you aren't worried about a salvage title or whatnot, go for it. Just make sure you get someone to look over ther chassis and all the mojor omponents BEFORE you buy it.

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
Test a none salvaged and then the salvaged one on the road and on the track if possible if they feal near enough the same then the jobs been done well. trouble with just a road test is that you need to see if the on the limit handling has been comprimised. a few power slides will tell you if the frame is shot.