Reserving the new M3

I went into BMW this weekend, and put myself down for the new M3 waitlist. Surprisingly, there were already a few other people on it , 6 to be exact. NO money was asked, just my name, and the rep who got me my current lease on my 05 m3.

Good thing is that my lease runs out after 4 months of the release of the new one, so I'll be ready to go, considering that there are still some available.

Any ideas for the modes that it will have?, I hear its more than just traction, sport, and skid control. Perhaps one to have 6 cylinders instead of 8 for highway cruising?

They didn't give a definite date, just said that it would be sometime next year. Actually, I think that he got off too easy on that, I should have pushed for a date.

I"ll see if I can get a date while I get my 12,000 mile oil change. And yes, it did last that long, without a single hitch(knock on wood). Now if the Germans could have only scored against Italy, then I would have been really impressed.

I got the oil change done at 11K miles, and asked when the new M3 is coming out.

My take is that no one knows for sure, b/c I got 3 different answers. Spring 2008, Late 2007, and the best one, "not for awhile". The mechanic said they usually come out a yr after the coupe model comes out. And they said there is going to be a 4 door model again.

I suppose no one remembers when the pervious M3 was relased. Dealers were asking, and getting, up to $10K over MSRP, there was the infamous rod bearing recall and software issues with SMG cars.

IMHO, it's not a good idea to be first. However, I wish you luck.

Tom

Staff Team
ThatOneGuy said:
I suppose no one remembers when the pervious M3 was relased. Dealers were asking, and getting, up to $10K over MSRP, there was the infamous rod bearing recall and software issues with SMG cars.

IMHO, it's not a good idea to be first. However, I wish you luck.
It depends on the dealer, some dealers claim to be MSRP only and this means they will not sell for more than Sticker price.

IMHO, it's not a good idea to be first.
Good point. I leased my current e46 2005, and there are no kinks with it since they had a few years to get the kinks worked out.

I don't think I would be able to wait too leasing the e90 M3 after turning in my current one. The dealer said that it would be a "sticker price" car, and whoever on the list ahead of me that can't pay once they come in gets taken off. [nono]