Rubber Protection

Shakey

Ok so i'm new to this forum so give me a brake if this has been covered 1,000,000,000,000 times before.
The rear of my front wheel arches have taken a real battering with stone chips & gravel and the paint has basically been blasted off.
I can touch in the paintwork with whatever but then I want to fit mud flaps to stop it happening again.
When I contact BMW they tell me "We only do them for 4-cyl models sir"
WTF!![???1]
So where do I get rubber protection from[;)]

Shakey

"We only do them for 4-cyl models sir"

That seems silly to me. First I'd try contacting another BMW dealer in town to see what they say. Are you talking about stone guards for the outer edge of the wheel well? Or something different for inside the wheel well? Also, what kind of Z are you driving?

Are these what your looking for? click -->

Well, that's a bummer about the mudflaps man. I don't know what you can do, sorry. Nice Aprillia by the way. [thumb]

I like to keep my gixxer on one wheel too. I just can't make up my mind as to which wheel to keep on the ground.[hihi]

Big Daddy

When I had my 98 2.8 Roadster I had BMW mudflaps for it. I never installed them and in fact returned them. There should not be any difference in the mudflap fit between a 4 cyl and a 6 cyl.

If you can't find the mud flaps, you might look at the clear protectors that porsche puts on their cars right behind the wheels. It's just like that 3M stuff that you can put on the front of the car.