Simple Tire Size Question

I have a 325ic with 195-65-R14 tires on it .... they are in poor shape and I need to replace them .... I had just put a set of 195-75-R14 on my minivan when it died for good..... would the 75-R14 tires fit the 325ic .... ?
Mike
I would recommend that you don't use those tires for your e30, your speedo would be off (it would read too slow) plus you are adding 1.5 more inches in total diameter to your wheels and may have fitment issues.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

Brian.

They will fit, but they will not be legal in most jurisdictions, and will alter the handling of the car, and increase load on drivetrain and steering components.

The generally accepted limit for altering tyre sizes is a maximum change in rolling diameter from stock of 5%. The proposed change is 6.5% increase.

If you are only doing city driving, and watch your speed (speedo will read 6.5% slow), then they probably won't do any harm, but the increased sidewall height, and circumference would put undue strain on other parts of your car if you plan on driving it hard.

The risk is low enough, most people would probably do it, but there's no way I could in clear conscience advise someone to run a tyre this far from the correct size.

irish

Thanks for the comments / advise .... I was only thinking about doing the swap to get me over a short term tight spot .......... I don't drive far and I haven't lowered the car ...... so I guess they will work........ but...I probably find another way to solve the problem since my kids (21 and 25) also drive it sometime and they may be a little too aggressive if there is a potential handling issue.

Mike