the classic

I know Im going to get %$#! for this but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway. The old 6 was and still is a much more beautiful car than the new...the new one looks like they mated a 7 series and some overly rounded oldsmobile or something. The old 6's styling is still unmatched. I know the performance, wheels, horespower, and all that wooo haaa is important n all, but there will never be anything like the old 6. It was a work of art and will always posses a sophistication that no other car will have. I must sound biased, I know
[pray]

Big Daddy

The old sixes were and are one of the best designs BMW ever came up with. They have the classic "shark" look, which was the reason I feel in love with BMW in the first place. I have a friend who has an beautiful M6...wonderful cars!

6 cars-old versus new

Well, there is no question that the original 6 is one of the most beautiful automobiles of all time. I feel very lucky to be someone who's owned both, and I can tell you they are both excellent, and very different cars. The new 6 is a gorgeous car in the metal, much more beautiful than photos suggest.

The new 6 is a trip to drive, and is just about to be even more so, as I am nearing the end of my break-in period!

About the only thing that is similar is the feeling I get when I drive it. Something about a BMW coupe that continues from the old to the new.

some more one sided views

I just had my e24 painted and it still looks OK.

I use my e24 to tow my Dyno to car club meetings.

I was very pleased yesterday.

I was at a show with lots of different cars, Vipers, Avantis, Corvettes, Jaguars, Cameros, Mustangs, lots of classic Chevrolets and Fords, many Plymouth birds and want to bees, some of the roadsters and custom cars.

My 19 year old sixer carried it well and got more than its share of lookers.

I was not participating but I was parked at the curb next to the show cars.

I left the 635csi emblem off after the paint job, so I heard many questions about that big BMW and what was it.

Later,

i chime in in this nice choral of sweet melanchloy. i like the old sixer very very much. such a beautiful and sporty car. lovely. however, i could loose my heart for the new 6er as well [thumb]

erdna

I'm looking into buying an 87 L6. It has 194000 miles. Any advise what to look for? Car looks great. I love older cars, this would be the first BMW. Suggestions would be appreciated.