Tire Question

When I purchased the Car it had Bridgestone S03 Poles, they needed to be replaced. I decided to save a little money and purchase Kuhmo's. This decision completely changed the dynamics of the cars handling.

I have been considering getting Bridgestones in the Spring.

So my question is, have any of you guys experienced this?

What tire would you suggest?

If you own the Bridgestone S03 Poles How many miles do you get out of them.

Thanks, Matt

Big Daddy

I have used Michelin's, Toyo Proxes and Kuhmos on my M roadster. I had no problems with the Kuhmos, although I felt that once you arrivced at the "edge" it was very easy to exceed it and wind up in a slid or spin. Unlike the Michelin or Toyos which felt much tighter. It is a trade off, $200+ for the big name brands or $100 for the Kuhmo's?

I am guessing you are disappointed with the Kumhos? One thing tire companies do not tell you about tires (when purchasing) is that it's not just about traction, wear, and road noise. Predictability, steering response, and heat resistance are also factors, among others. When you go for cheaper tires, you may sacrifice some performance in these areas as you have no real way of telling until you actually buy.
The S-03's are also an amazing set of tires....they wear down fast and the performance suffers with wear, but they are one of the stickiest and best performance tires on the market today.

I dunno, I wouldnt believe anything MrElussive says.

You can pick up a nice set of Pirelli's Neros for about $150 a tire. They perform great and are right inbetween most other tires for the M.

Since you do drive a 95 M3 you are very lucky. You can run a non-staggered setup for 235 at all corners. I hope you are rotating tires at equal intevals. I recommend you rotate your tires at every oil change, that way you'll never forget!

Well Daddy O,

Ya, the Kuhmo's are a completely different tire. The ride is smoother and less noise. I believe I made a mistake. But I have learned my lesson.

Cheers