update to internal lights problem

Ok, so as i stated in a previous thread, i am having this problem where the internal lights of the car turn on spontaneously while i am driving. If i press the button for the overhead light, they turn off for a few mins, but will turn back on. If i open and close the door, they stay off a bit longer, but eventually they turn back on.

SO i took it BACK (2nd time) to the dealer on monday, but this time the lights had stayed on all night (i work nights) and when i drove up, i got the repair guy to immediatly see what was happening, This time he tried to turn them off, they wouldnt, and he agreed, something was wrong, (progress from last time when they looked like they thouht i was crazy, and then told me that they never saw a problem). So i leave the car and go home, they are working me in and usually they fix thinsg by the end of the day. So at 2pm, i get a call from the guy actually trying to repair it, and he says he dove around and had it happen , so he saw the problem, but was having trouble figuing out what it could be. By the end of the day, the repair associate called and said they would need another day. I was ok with that, i was off the next day (today). So now he has called me a few minutes ago and said it hasnt happend again since yesterday, sorta implying that they cant figure it out if its not happening. So i agreed to let them keep it till tomorrow at 11am. When the repair guy called, he seemsed to not really undersatnd what could be wrong and said he would have to call bmw to see what else could do that besides the door being not closed (the light for this doesnt turn on) and the switch itself not being broken.

So what should i do assuming they say tomorrow that they cant figure it out, or that it hasnt happend again so maybe its all goign to be ok.

Should i demand that they arrainge a courtesy car, and keep my car till they fix the problem? I mean its under warranty right now, and who would ever want to buy a car that the lights turn on and cant be turned off at any time, worst time being at night when you cant see through the rearview mirror cause of the reflections.

Is there a higher up i can go to if they seem to be screwing me over?

Damn this is frustrating

sameermd1 said:
Ok, so as i stated in a previous thread, i am having this problem where the internal lights of the car turn on spontaneously while i am driving. If i press the button for the overhead light, they turn off for a few mins, but will turn back on. If i open and close the door, they stay off a bit longer, but eventually they turn back on.

SO i took it BACK (2nd time) to the dealer on monday, but this time the lights had stayed on all night (i work nights) and when i drove up, i got the repair guy to immediatly see what was happening, This time he tried to turn them off, they wouldnt, and he agreed, something was wrong, (progress from last time when they looked like they thouht i was crazy, and then told me that they never saw a problem). So i leave the car and go home, they are working me in and usually they fix thinsg by the end of the day. So at 2pm, i get a call from the guy actually trying to repair it, and he says he dove around and had it happen , so he saw the problem, but was having trouble figuing out what it could be. By the end of the day, the repair associate called and said they would need another day. I was ok with that, i was off the next day (today). So now he has called me a few minutes ago and said it hasnt happend again since yesterday, sorta implying that they cant figure it out if its not happening. So i agreed to let them keep it till tomorrow at 11am. When the repair guy called, he seemsed to not really undersatnd what could be wrong and said he would have to call bmw to see what else could do that besides the door being not closed (the light for this doesnt turn on) and the switch itself not being broken.

So what should i do assuming they say tomorrow that they cant figure it out, or that it hasnt happend again so maybe its all goign to be ok.

Should i demand that they arrainge a courtesy car, and keep my car till they fix the problem? I mean its under warranty right now, and who would ever want to buy a car that the lights turn on and cant be turned off at any time, worst time being at night when you cant see through the rearview mirror cause of the reflections.

Is there a higher up i can go to if they seem to be screwing me over?

Damn this is frustrating
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.