window regulator/motor advice

I have a non working drivers' side window. When I depress the switch I hear a very brief electrical noise/ motor getting engergized, but no movement. I took the door panel off and looked and visually the regulator looks brand new... shiny metal, etc....

Someone here recommended trying to force it down by hand and push the button, but it really doesnt move at all.

Should I buy the motor and try to DIY replace the motor only and start there, or does anyone have any advice on this topic....I have never messed with windows, or regulators before.

Thanks,

PLC22

Great Advice R/T seat motor

I'm new to this so forgive - - - - -.
I spent over $700 having the motor on my driver's seat replaced because the seat would move 1-2", forward & then back, when stopping. Read your site & discovered where to get the special kit to fix the passenger seat for 100s less. My mechanic was told that kit not available. THANKS! PLC22

So you think I should look for a used motor and try that first.

Can I just punch the old one out (rivited right) and attach the new one with new screws without messing with the regulator, or window. Or do I have to take it all out to get to the motor.