Zaino Results...

Hey,

A couple of weeks ago, I applied four coats of Zaino to my car and I took pictures of the results the next day, but I never got around to posting them. Now just so you guys now, I have to say this is the best shit I have ever used (although I have only used Eagle One WET Polish & Wax, and Liquid Glass Auto Polish). My paint is cleaner, shinier, and overall healthier than I have ever seen it before. The application process was long and annoying, but it was completely worth it (although I do have a lot of free time on my hands). Here are some pictures of the results, although I do not think they justify how good my car looks. Even at night, I can notice the improved shine and reflectivity of my paint compared to the Liquid Glass Auto Polish, which is considered to be really good stuff, too.

Thanks,
MrElussive

flashinthepan

E-

It looks great !

I freaked when I was wiping off the polish, it almost looked like slight swirls, but whew!!... it was just that I probably "over-applied" it slightly...when done it was clean, swirl-free and does very well with water beading [thumb]

IMO..the reflectivity from Zaino is 2nd to none.

Thanks, guys!

flash, I think you were not imagining the swirls. When I was wiping off the polish, it was like I was pushing the swirls around or something (forgive me if that sounds stupid). So I just made sure to wipe the polish off in a straight line and that resolved the issues. I still have the hairline scratches, though...I am thinking of using the 3M Swirl Mark/Hairline Scratch Remover next time I polish/wax, but I don't know if it's worth the time since it's pretty tough to see the hairline scratches and swil marks anyways.

flashinthepan

flash, I think you were not imagining the swirls. When I was wiping off the polish, it was like I was pushing the swirls around or something (forgive me if that sounds stupid). So I j
just made sure to wipe the polish off in a straight line and that resolved the issues.
Exactly !!!

IMO, I think its just that the polish goes "Really""Really" far ?? when you think you are underapplying you are actually overapplying...the stuff goes a long ways !!!

You are correct the swirls I imagined were moving...hence it was just the residue as I was working..once properly wiped off with a very very high quality MF towel..she shinned like heaven !

As for the everday light scratching, with Black cars and high gloss...well we will hafta live with some of that..I just never really rub with anything, always soft pressure or no pressure, I still have no swirls at all..none [:D] , but my kit-cat put a couple light scratches on the car, so my next phase will be educating myself to remove real light scratches.

GGrrrrrrr....Black paint...you love it & hate it....[:D]

flash, black is definitely worth the swirl marks and hairline scratches. I mean, they are very light on my car and very hard to see...only I can spot them. I completely agree...my way of dealing with the hairline scratches and swirl marks is just thinking "this is the price you pay for black." Also, I do think the polish goes really far. My first two coats are Zaino Z-5 (for swirl marks and hairline scratches) and the following two coats are Zaino Z-2 (for clearcoat paints, provides the ultimate shine). I found that the Z-5 tried to fill in those hairline scratches and remove the swirl marks, but the Z-2 moved the swirl marks around, which is why I realized I should buff the polish off in straight lines.

I've heard that Zaino really attracts dust on a molecular level. Have you noticed a big difference in dust on your paint since applying Zaino???