05' 525i Transmission question!

edinlo01

Hello everyone,
Just bought this 525i and I am experiencing a bit of difficulty understanding how this transmission is supposed to shift.
Seems like going uphill it does not like to go pass second gear, I’ve seen 3800 RPM and higher if I keep giving it gas till ultimately I just go manual transmission then shift it manually. Sometimes and especially first time drive of the day seems like second gear shifts really hard, if I keep it below 3000 RPM.
The car has been diagnosed by the dealer and their results are that this is due to recognition of uphill shifting. But what about the hard shifting during normal driving conditions?
I bought the car 7mothns ago with 36000 miles on it and I have 43K now. Car still under full warranty but it will expire on November 2008 or 50k. Since I am getting close to this date dealer is trying to sell me an extended warranty for another 50k for about $2000. I really could use this money for home improvement if this isn’t necessary. I don’t know what to do! Is the trans about to go? I am afraid that the car will break after the warranty expires, but then again it may just be a glitch on the system that could be easily fixed!!

Can anyone help?
thnx

Take the car back to the dealer and have them fix the problem, If it's covered In the warranty they should repair.
Your problem is unacceptable for a new car with that low km/miles on the clock!!

edinlo01

Agreed!! but this problem is not consisted, if I take the car like I did the last time I am afraid that the problem won't show then the car will be return to me with the same diagnosis

uphill shifting

Hi there,

Have the dealership ensure there are no bulletins applicable to your vehicle.
If there are, have them update the EGS (transmission control module), and clear the adaptations (because your car adapts itself to how it is driven)

Hopefully, these may provide some kind of solution to your problem,
Tiger