96 Conv. top problem

I have a 96 328IC and am trying to find literature about the workings of the convertible top. The motor has stopped functioning and I had to trip it to get the top back up. Now trying to resynchronize but alas not finding any information. Also the passenger window has stopped operating. First it stopped doing the little roll down when you opened the door and finally just stopped rolling down when using the switch.
Are these things conducive or a bigger problem or isolated incidences?

I have a 35 page .pdf file which covers this pretty exhaustively ... got it from someone on this forum. can't figure out how to post it on the internet so that i can put a link to it here. if someone can suggest a place to post it (a la Photobucket) then i'll put it up, otherwise i can email it to you.
as for the window, could be one of many problems i'm sure. i had a similar problem which turned out to be caused by a broken part inside the door which interfered with the circuits there.

1996 318ic Manual Top ~ Lid Lock

Does any one have any information on how I can get my conv. top lid cover unhooked on the drivers side. The passenger side is unattached when the lever is thrown behind the driver's door... but won't disconnect on that side... Help!! Could use some insight..
Thanks..