Any thoughts on this oldie?

Any thoughts on this oldie? The guy is looking for $500.00 for it. He said that it would probably just need a battery and some fresh gas to get it going. Yeah I know, the ladder on top is like WTF? [scratch]

Attachments

i don´t know. is the hood not properly closed or do we see a damaged one?
he might as well be right, that with new gaz and battery it will run again, but that ain´t all. you have to check the whole car for rust. it is also necessary to check all chassis parts. rubber parts used in the suspension tends to get hard and break when it sits arounbd for years.
i think that if you can get it running try to take it to a shop. they can lift the car up and tell you what weak points there are to be fixed.

Bim Bimmer

beautiful car

if you've got a lot of dollars to do it up, then its a beauty! thats the classic bmw for me.

whats it worth in spares???

d

Big Daddy

If it is halfway restorable than for $500 you can't go wrong. Keep in mind that if it needs and engine or transmission it can get spendy. What is it a 3.3, 3.5?

epj3

Big Daddy said:
If it is halfway restorable than for $500 you can't go wrong. Keep in mind that if it needs and engine or transmission it can get spendy. What is it a 3.3, 3.5?
Since when is an M30 and tranny (one of the most commonly used bmw motors ever) expensive?

Big Daddy

Since you asked a rebuilt 3.3 or 3.5 runs between $3700 - $4000 and if the transmission is an automatic they can run upwards of $3000 rebuilt. Considering the value of the car I think having to invest up to $7000 for an engine and transmission would be "expensive", don't you? I know your going to say get a used one out of the wrecking yard, well I would never use a wrecking yard automatic, and would be leary of most engines. Do not forget I had a 733i.

An update on the update

The deal fell through! The guy is now looking for $700.00( [paranoid] . I am still considering it, I am just worried about the availability of parts. Any input?
THANKS!