Battery?

Hello All; just had an unfortunate occurance this morning. Went out to my car and tried to use the remote to unlock and nothing happened. Thought the remote battery had died (its been a little fidgity lately) so I used the key to open the door. When I went to start nothing, no turn over, nothing, but the alarm light on the stereo was flashing. I tried to jump start the car and nothing again. Thought maybe the alarm had blocked the ignition so I went and got a replacement battery for the remote, still nothing. Is there a manual reset I need to perform, or is my battery just gone. As always, any info is greatly appreciated. Side note, I havnt driven the car in about 3 weeks. Hit a nasty stretch of winter here in Denver.
Thanks again.

Big Daddy

Is this the original battery? Most batteries last three to five years. I just had a six year battery go bad after three years. Take the battery out and have it tested, most places will do this for free, however I am not sure why the car would not jump start? What happened when you tried to jump start the car, did it turn over, click click, or nothing?

Absolutely nothing. It still didnt even try to turn over. Thats why Im thinking it may have something to do with the alarm? I tried to read quickly through the manual, but didnt see anything about a reset for a kill switch or similar. I will try to see if the battery needs replacing also.

Thanks Gentelemen for your input. I replaced the battery and everything is good again. I guess I should have read the recomendation to detach the battery when the car is not in use for a number of weeks.