Bmw 325e rims?

I am looking at buying some TSW 18 inch rims for my e30. They have a width of 7.5j and an offset of 40. I wanted to know whether I will be needing 15mm spacers or not? I'm going to be running 215/35/18 tires on them so I'm hoping to have enough clearance. Thanks
Brian.

18's don't really work on e30s. at all.

I have 17's on my car and the ride is too harsh as it is. Unless you spend your entire time on perfectly smooth bitumen and never enter or exit driveways, you would be well advised to forget it.

Plus 18's look way too big for e30 - makes it look like a roller skate. Even 17's are hard to get away with. mine only works because of the kit, and even then some people wouldn't agree.

But if you are set on them, then yes you will need spacers and 15mm sounds slightly small - fronts will rub on the struts as you have the 51mm struts being a 325. You will need 20mm spacers to fit. This will throw out your steering qeometry and place extra load on your suspension.

Its doable, but sounds like a lot of money to end up with a hard to drive, uncomfortably riding rollerskate.

i would advice you go for some sick looking 16" rims that look so good no-one will notice they aren't massive.

I already have the wheels,i got an incredible deal on them. You sure the 15mm spacers won't do? All I have been able to find is 8mm spacers 15mm spacers and 25mm spacers. The center bore should be 57.1 right?

I forget the centre bore diameter. If it is too small you can get the wheels machined. If it is too large I recommend you have aluminium hubcentric rings made as they are better than nylon ones.

I cannot guarantee that the wheels won't fit. What I do know is that 17x7" can have a max offset of 30-33mm depending on bead design. Thus going to 7.5" means an extra 6mm to deal with. So on that basis I was just erring on the side of caution as 10mm offset plus 6mm width =16mm = 15mm spacers not enough. But as sometimes you can get away with 33mm offset, maybe you'll be alright.

Either way it'll be a very, very tight fit. I'd try the 15mm spacers. On the rear this will mean only very slight rolling of the guards, and then if they don't fit on the front get 25mm spacers for the front.

You would also probably be OK with 8mm spacers on the rear, but they would tuck inside the guards too much for my taste.

Don't forget with spacers (especially15mm+) you will need to buy longer stud bolts or replace the bolts with hub studs and nuts. You can buy the former from BMW and both from the web.

This may help you.

Yes it would probably look better with 25mm front and rear, but you are going to have to roll your guards at the rear a fair bit I'd say with a 25mm spacer.

No problem if you're happy to do that. You should try to fit them using washers or a block of wood the thickness of your proposed spacers and see what works.

Obviously you'll need some longish bolts so you can put weight on them and see how they fit at normal height, and it goes without saying not to drive on them like that.