Convertible maintenance

It's almost winter and I feel I should be doing something to my convertible roof. BMW has a kit. Has anyone used it ---opinions? Any other suggestions? I would love a process and product recommendation.

Thanks!

bmw330cic

I just bought a cpo 2001 330 Cic, and I too am wondering what to use/how to use in order to protect the soft top? Any responses on this would be appreciated!

-Keith

Big Daddy

I have used Tequipment Convertible Top Shampoo and Convertible Top Conditioner/Protector from Porsche on my BMW roadster since new. It works great! It can be purchased from AutoFanatics who are linked from the Marketplace on the home page of this website. I am sure you will like it.

I use the BMW convertable top conditioner twice a year. The directions say to mix whole bottle with something like a gallon of water. I found that makes about 4 times more than I need so only mix up a quarter of the bottle (reduce water accordingly).

Big Daddy, have you tried the BMW stuff? If so, how does it compare to Tequipment?

Big Daddy

"Big Daddy, have you tried the BMW stuff? If so, how does it compare to Tequipment?"

No I have not, that would make for an interesting test. Where I lived in Idaho the nearest BMW dealership was a two hour drive so I bought the Tequipment from AutoFanatics. I may get the BMW stuff and try it next.

bmw330cic

Raggtopp products?

I've been surfing the web this afternoon, and Raggtopp products are endorsed by Haartz (the co. which provides the 3-series tops), and autofanatics recommends it too. Anyone ever try their stuff?

Thx!

carcus

1000 Post Club
I use Blue Coral top cleaner for the top, works great, for the plastic window I use the blue and white Macguirs I think 10 and 10...forget the numbers, one is a plastic cleaner, one is a polish for the rear plastic window. Both are available at local auto parts stores. Actually easier for me to clean the top than keeping the back plastic window clean...that is a pain.[:(!]

bmw330cic

Raggtopp update

Used this stuff on my top about a week ago, the black top looks slightly newer now and water beads up off it nicely. Highly recommended.

-Keith