Headlight Question

I've got a question. It's been a while since I've been here. Been busy with moving and it took awhile to get my internet working at the new house. Shortly before that, I purchased a set of used euro elips off of ebay. I thought I inspected them upon arrival (mainly because of the seller's poor packing methods), but I didn't seem to find anything. Fastforward a couple of months, and I find that the drivers side low-beam lens is shattered. I got a replacement lens, but don't know how to get the old one off. I removed the ring, but not sure how to get the rest of the lens out.

Anyone tried this before?

I've got a question. It's been a while since I've been here. Been busy with moving and it took awhile to get my internet working at the new house. Shortly before that, I purchased a set of used euro elips off of ebay. I thought I inspected them upon arrival (mainly because of the seller's poor packing methods), but I didn't seem to find anything. Fastforward a couple of months, and I find that the drivers side low-beam lens is shattered. I got a replacement lens, but don't know how to get the old one off. I removed the ring, but not sure how to get the rest of the lens out.

Anyone tried this before?
You must soften the glue that holds the original lens in place by means of heat and screw drivers to lightly pry the lens off.
I've heard of people using an oven, and hair blow dryer with pleasing results, however, you must be patient!
Gluing the new lens on is something to be patient with aswell - good luck.

Maybe post up some pics? Good to see you back dude!

yeah....the small pic hides alot. Paint needs work. Alot of work. Oxidation, peeling...etc Hood is dented is well. (Big dent, i think the previous owner sat on it)

but thanks for the complement!
I think he was referring to my e30!! [joke]

haha, but anyways you will get there, just fix things one at a time and it will look great!