I might be getting a 92 320i...thoughts?

So I'm looking to get my first car and I came across a 1992 BMW 320i for $5800.
It has an M3 bodykit and wheels, 92,000 KMs on the odometer and is pretty nice. Pics at bottom.

Thoughts?
I test drove it the other day and the engine seemed like it runs fine, I really don't know much about BMWs so its hard to tell.

The interior is in rough condition, seats need stitching and headliner will need to be replaced.
The exterior has a bunch of scratches, needs to be buffed out, waxed, and polished.

I haven't checked out the engine yet, but judging from the condition of the rest of the car, it'll need something to be replaced.

PS. its a japanese import, so no way to carfax it or anything like that.

I'll be bringing my uncles next time (both BMW junkies) to inspect the car engine for any problems.
Lets hope the owner lowers the price a little though.

Here are some pics.

that is a SIX digit odo isn't it?

check that all icons on dash light up when you turn the key on. make sure all go out after that. try everything out ... windows, seats, sunroof if any, remote controls, de-icer on rear window, locking pin on gas cap flap, windshield washer and wiper in all modes, all interior and exterior lights, all door locks. look for dampness in seatwells. drive it enough to see if you can trigger any error messages. good luck.

Compared to other ads I've seen, this one is pretty decent.
Except the interior needs alot of work, its old, and the engine will most likely have some problems. So I'm not going to pay $5800 for it.

I'm trying to get the owner to lower the price.
If she does, then I'll buy it for sure.