Looking 4 someone w/an '03/'04, Z4 3.0...

Looking 4 someone w/an '03/'04, Z4 ~ 3.0...

Good day...

I'm in the process of purchasing my second BMW, hopefully a Z4. Last March I purchased a 325i w/all the trimmins, minus the Nav. System...

Can anyone that owns a new Z4 (3.0) give me their thoughts/opinions about the car...

My irish arse is currently located on an island s/w of Honolulu and my resources are [slightly]
limited to the Internet.

If all reports go well, I would fly back to Vegas and 'seal-the-deal.'

Thanks in advance...

Paddy in LV...

Last edited:

Mal

Z4

Got one, great car, buy it !! I have had one since November, have driven it 8,000 miles without a problem and love it. I also drove it from Florida to MA, 1,300 miles and it was a great ride.

Re: Z4

Mal said:
Got one, great car, buy it !! I have had one since November, have driven it 8,000 miles without a problem and love it. I also drove it from Florida to MA, 1,300 miles and it was a great ride.
Hi Mal! It's nice to see another Z owner on the board. I hope to see more posts from you!

Paddy, I've heard nothing but good things about Z4's. Check z4um.com if you want to post with a lot of Z4 owners.

03Z4

I've had my '03 Z4 3.0 since Feb 1st of this year and can't say enough about it. I came from an SLK and thought I'd miss the trick fold-down hardtop and the niceties that come from owning a MB product. Those thoughts were gone about a mile down the road from the dealership - I've never looked back.

The car is definitely a looker, and the performance is out of control. I didn't opt for the Sport Package, as I was pretty sure from my reading at the time that having the 3.0 and a 6-speed manual would be a pretty close match - others, I'm sure, would tell me I'm nuts. Since I'm not drag racing on the NJ Turnpike every night, I don't miss it. The interior (and especially the lined top & glass window) is really well put together and comfortable. Everything is where you need it, made of high quality materials, and it all works. The heated seats kick a$$, too!

I can tell you that the car is brute force combined with unbelievable handling (go into a tight turn and instead of drifting, you can ACCELERATE to make this baby corner better w/o slipping), and enough safety features to keep things in check if you screw up. Actually, the Z4's got the BEST traction control I've seen in any car yet; not intrusive and easily defeated so that you can teach anyone who dares rev at you at a red light a lesson - quick.

There have been a few niggly little things - a squeak here, a rattle there - but not enough to ruin the experience, and certainly not enough to be going back and forth to the dealership all the time. It seems that the small things have worked themselves out in time. I'd definitely recommend the Z4 3.0 - I can't comment on the 2.5 (I've never even driven one), but those that have 'em seem to love them, too.

Good luck, whatever you choose to buy!

BriGuy

Your gonna love it!

I can't stop driving mine. Acceleration is awesome!
Test drive a 3.0, sports pkg with SMG transmission. You won't be dissapointed.
See if you can get it without the runflats.