Low Oil?

NightRyda

I have a 2008 535i and I only have like 3030 miles on it. I was driving along today and I got a message that my oil level is low and continued driving may cause engine damages. I don't know what to do. Should I add some oil or take it to the dealer? Is this covered in the warranty? I was reading the owner's manual and it doesn't explain clearly what to do. Should I add the oil myself?

Hi there,
Yes, I think you should. I think that the oil light should go off. If not, then drop by the dealership to have them look at it. I'm not going to ask details as to whether or not you have a display or the on-board computer that's accessed by the turn signal stalk. That can start to many questions.

Hope this helps,
Tiger

Last edited:

NightRyda

Hi there,
Yes, I think you should. I think that the oil light should go off. If not, then drop by the dealership to have them look at it. I'm not going to ask details as to whether or not you have a display or the on-board computer that's accessed by the turn signal stalk. That can start to many questions.

Hope this helps,
Tiger
Well I do have on board navigation screen. That's where I saw the message. I'm just confused when to add oil. I read the manual and I think it wants me to wait til it says add oil with 125 miles. So I guess I'll keep driving til I get this message. [driving2] I hope it doesn't damage my engine.