New Shoes

Big Daddy

It looks like I picked up a metal strap with not one but two screws in my left rear over the Leavenworth trip we made two weekends ago. Discount Tire said that they cannot repair two holes within one inch of each other, so because I bought the road hazard warranty I get a brand new tire free.

So while I am at it I am going to buy three new tires and have them mounted on the powder coated wheels I bought last year and send my Shadow Chrome BMW wheels out for a repaint, repainted as close to shadow chrome as we can get.

Here is my stock rim (left front):

And here is the powder coated wheel:

Big Daddy

Yes they are, and thus far I like them. They were real greasy at first, but after about 50 miles or so the "new" wore off and they seem to be fine now. I will let you know more as I put some miles on them.

Big Daddy

Thanks Kirby.

The rims are stock M roadster/Coupe rims from BMW. The powder coated ones are not the original finish. You can buy the "Shadow Chrome" ones on eBay from time to time.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
So sorry about the screws Big Poppa! I just had to drop 200euros on ONE new tire for my ride since I some how got a glass shard stuck in the inner sidewall...and I have only had the tires a month! I like the shadow chrome effect on a black car like yours....Why did you buy a whole extra set of powder coated rims in the first place? Was it in case of incidents such as this?

Big Daddy

Originally I bought them to use whilel I had my wheels repainted. Now I may keep them for a second set for the track or when I feel funky and want a change. I like shadow chrome too and hope to match it as best we can. Thanks for all the compliments. And what "screwup" you are fine!

Big Daddy

Matt I bought them powder coated but I have heard that it can be done for any where between $100 to $150 per wheel. The "rashy" looking tire is a front and I just had them mounted 5 minutes eariler, I think that the smudges is from the machine or balancer. I will clean them up and repost them.

May I have your vehicle? I promise I'll feed it and take it for walks (or drives) and it'll be my bestest friend ever! Please Big Daddy! Oh Can I?

(Maybe I've been in the library for too long...I think I need some air.)