power steering

i have a 2001 740IL and i started hearing a strange noise when i turn the wheel. the other day i noticed after i got out of the car i was leaking (or let me say something was pouring out) which looked like some kind of thin oil. once i lost my power steering all together i figured that it was my power steering fluid. could it be a hole or lose hose in the reservior (this is what i hope ) a new reservior is easier then a new pump. Could some one help me this one?

If it was pouring out, it implies a failure more than just a loose fitting or hose. Loose fittings usually leak a long time, and it is noticeable, before things pour out. It could be a ruptured hose or seal, I would inspect the hoses first.

I checked the hoses the best way i could but could not tell where the leak came from. i refilled the reservior and drove it for a day and it was fine but by the next day i started to see it leaking again. so i had someone turn the wheel while i looked under the car and oh sh@# IT WAS LIKE NIAGRA FALLS it was just pouring out while the wheel was turned, but the car was not raised so i could not tell exactly where it was coming from. i guess if i cannot pin point the exactly location of the leak i should take it to a bmw service station so they can look at it huh. what do you think?

Big Daddy

I agree with Kirby and by what you are saying I would be almost 100% positive it is the hose itself. Any reputable BMW shop can take care of this for you, but do it soon so as not to burn up the pump.