Sounds like a diesel

Okay, just got my car back from the shop and they put in a new clutch. A bunch of the noises stopped. However, everytime I rev the car to approximately 40000rpms while in gear and then shift, and then come to neutral the car sounds likea diesel for about 30-60 seconds. I took it back to the shop and he said he thinks it's either coming from the exhaust or the transmission area. He said it maybe gear rattle or a weak spring on the dual mass flywhee. He said it won't make the noise long enough so that they can put it on the lift and listen.

What do you guys think? (Also, it makes the sound for about 30 seconds upon start up)

Figured it out.... was low on oil. The thing (knock wood) is running perfectly now. Also, A/c only needed a charge and clutch.

For the clutch and A/C c harge and some other minor things, under $1k... I was / am really happy. This car better go to 350,000 now with no other major work.

Thanks Adam. Yeah, the shop is very reasonable; something they are pricey. But for major repairs, he has always left me feeling like I got a deal.

I'm hoping 350,000 isn't too far of a stretch. I know it's asking alot, but all the 'usual wear' items have now been replaced on her. Now it's simply a matter of not abusing it too much.