still running awfall!!!!!!!HELP!!!!

malciebear

[?|]hi have a problem with me 320i......ive had lodsa work done 2 the engine....fan clutch....air intake regulator.....vanos timing unit...head gaskit done...leads n plugs....oil change n filter...brakes n discs....newtwin pipe back box....also had vanos unit tunned by bmw dealers....i had a report off bmw saying poss dme failure?...ie ecu....want shit lods more 2 fix it!!!!!!...i got another ecu from net it came...pluged in works......problem i got is with both ecus i have tried in the car still does the same thing....when its cold its fine seems 2 run and tick over ok,,,,when she warms up shes skipping revs jolting all over the place ....stalls n dies half the time whilst u let the revs go down...i am honestly hitting my head against a brick wall now!!!!!...i really dont want to give up on her but i just cant seem 2 cure the problem and just havent got the $$$$ to keep splashing out...i mean is it ever gonna stop?...pleeeaaasssseeeeee any body know whats wrong or had ay sim problems???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...[bigcry]

Has the MAF (Mass Air Flowmeter) been checked out? I would think that the ECU would be throwing a Check engine Light - is it, and what are the codes?

malciebear

dear kirby!!!!

[welcome]hi kirby....the mass air flow sens...thats the unit btwn the air box and engine right?....if it is that ive replaced that part with a brand new one...its cumming up with nothing on the dash no lights and warnings?...dont no could it be i bought a duff one?

New to this just signed up just now thought i'd mention something....

Girlfriend had a z3 (2.0)

The exact problem your describing was because of the Cam Sensor...

You changed that? The car did exactly what yours does...

[welcome]hi kirby....the mass air flow sens...thats the unit btwn the air box and engine right?....if it is that ive replaced that part with a brand new one...its cumming up with nothing on the dash no lights and warnings?...dont no could it be i bought a duff one?
Yes, that's what I was talking about. Since you have replaced it, it probably is not the problem.

Did you have the replacement ecu initialized? I had to put a new one in my '96 328i and yes it ran, but for the worst. Had it towed to the dealership, had i programmed and wahla, everything was fine.