Wattawax

CosmosBlack

I got a sample bottle of this car wax called "Wattawax" and tried it the other day. It's different than regular car wax coz' it's very watery. If you let the bottle sit, the mixture will separate, water on top and wax sinks to bottom. Claims it has teflon and carnauba wax. I tried it on and the result was amazing, deep wet gloss and feels very smooth to the touch. I haven't had the chance to drive it thru' rain yet, so I still don't know how durable the wax is. The only complaint I have so far is the application, which can be messy coz' it's too watery. But it's easy on and off.

Has anybody tried this before? Any feedback?

CosmosBlack

I have not seen it in stores, but I think they do have a website. I will take a picture of the bottle and scan the leaflet to post here.

It's been a week and I notice my car has less dust on it than it normally does. That's what I was told at the paintshop where I got the sample, it repels dust and dirt. I only need some rainy days now to test its durability, then pass judgement. I use Meguairs products from leather cleaner, conditioner, clearcoat prep & swirl reducer, deep crystal polish, goldclass wax, quickwax, quick detailer, vinyl and rubber protectant, tire gel.

Meguiar's prep stuff and waxes produce great results, but they don't last, kinda like good only for show cars in showrooms. But I like the viny & tire protectant, tire gel is great, and the quick detailer is super handy in between waxes!

If this Wattawax last thru' the rainy days, I'm dumping Meguiar waxes.

I've never seen that before. I've started using liquid carnuba and the best thing is the application and easy taking off. My car is silver so I give "her" a good coat of wax and make sure the windows are spotless. Silver doesn't really require the time is used to give my other vehicles with darker paint . I make sure its clean, but I pay more attention to the rims and tires, windows and interior..

don't get me wrong , I love to wash and wax but I had more fun with a color I could put alot of time in making it shine..

[wave]

Thankx Cosmos,

I'm looking for a different wax/polish for my new '04 ZHP.

Over the years I've gone from Rain Dance to Zymol, which is what I'm currently using...

If your 'post rain' review of this new wax is a [thumb] , than I'll switch.

The only other wax I was looking into was some stuff called 'Formula330.'

Apparently, this product is made (or cooked) in very small batches and has high

concentrations of Canuba... They also have a web-site...

Let us all know the outcome.

CosmosBlack

Hi PaddyLV

The store I got the bottle from told me it's about $14++ a bottle, so you're about right. Which is kinda expensive compared to most waxes at $7 to $10.

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to drive in heavy rain since, only one light shower, one wash, and several "Meguiar's Quick Mist". It's been 2 1/2 weeks now and the car still looks and feels good to the touch. However, I am doubtful about it standing up to the rain coz' so far, I have never used any wax that does! If it does though, Wattawax will be my wax for a long time to come!

Yo Cosmos,

Thankx for the additional info.

Where in FL are you?

I lived in Ft. Laud. back in the late 70's and worked as an EMT. I worked with a guy named

Dave, same last name as yours... (checked your profile.) Any relationship? He was a

firefighter.

I later moved to Tampa/St Pete then relocated to Vegas in 2000.

Last edited:

CosmosBlack

Fernandina Bch is on an island, Amelia Island, which is developing pretty fast now. Last exit before you cross the border into Georgia.

CosmosBlack

Nope, not really. Roads are pretty good, my low-profile car has no problems at all.
Although it is Pickup truck country....redneck rules!!! They don't give a damn what a BMW is, the only cool thing to them are pickups with gunracks.

Yea, I know about that island life...

I'm on an island 800 miles s/w of Honolulu. About the size of an aircraft carrier.

But I'll be off this sandbar in about three weeks... Pickin' up an '04 ZHP.

CosmosBlack

Excuse me for my ignorance,,,but what do you mean when you say ZHP? I know there is the Z4, but what does HP stand for? I see alot of other members using ZHP as well.