Windshield wiper is on wrong position

kiad

I'm having such a wonderful days lately. I just fixed my heater problem yesterday.
Now I'm working on wiper!!!!!!......working back to back one after another.
Last week, over here in Nothern Virginia, we had a heavy wet snow.
My windshield was covered with full of snow then I accidently hit the switch bar with engines running. Snow was too heavy and finally wiper arm was stuck on middle position. That wiper never come back to normal position.
Anyone have any idea?

hutch1c

I am having the same problem, everthing works fine and then all of a sudden the wipers stop vertically when they are not moving. I managed to mess around with them and push them so they are only a couple of inches above where they normally should be when they are not wiping but it is still buggin me. If i shut my car off as they are wiping at the bottom of the rotation then they will stay there but when I turn my car back on even with the wipers off they pop back up a few inches.

hutch1c

328i bmw wipers

update: so the wipers stopped working all together, I could hear the motor running but the wipers would rarely even move. So I turn them on high, got out of the car and helped them-I pushed them up and down with the motor and they started to work. I'm guessing they are going to stop working soon so my question is what could be causing this, does the motor need to be cleaned out and re-greased?
THanks
chris