Z3 front spoiler question

JBourne

I posted this earlier in the wrong forum , so I will try again. I just bought a Z3 1999 2.3 and am really happy to have it , but want to learn more about it so that I can do minor stuff to it myself to defray the cost abit so here it goes :

I just recently bought a 1999 Z3 2.3 in almost flawless condition....or so it seemed until I started digging abit and learning the real questions I should have asked before buying it. I noticed that a common issue to look for in buying a Z3(as per Esmerelda's Z3 fixit page) is the front spoiler. In relation to the front engine splash guard the 2 pieces seemed to be joined together rather tenuously by just a few plastic clips and a couple of screws(1 gone) . I scraped the curb slightly(enough to hear a crunch) , and I think I either wasted the clips , or(as I strongly suspect) they were already that way....either way the result was that my splash guard was dragging....I shoved it back into place , drove home , and got under there with some thin strong wire and was able to join the hanging splash guard piece to another splash guard piece to the right....It seems to be holding well , but my question is this ....how difficult is this piece to obtain and fix yourself...or how much am I looking at parting with to get someone else to do it?? I apologize in advance if this question is repetitive , and thank you in advance for your response.

JHR

JBourne

Thanks for the advice , I will check it out.....I know a mechanic who is going to show me how to work on the brakes , so slowly but surely I will learn........oh , and thanks for at least having the stones to reply.....I was beginning to think this was a members only club ...ya dig?

gelbm

I would also look at bently publishers for a comprehensive Z3 repair manual. I just put a new Racing Dynamics sway bar kit on my 2000 M and referred to it frequently. It's well worth the investement