M3 vs Nissan Skyline R34 VspecllNur

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
mc909321 said:
I didnt' know that the racing ones were road worthy. The GTR's have a v8 in them and are monsters alright.

There's a video? BTW, check this monster out.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/tension05_01.jpg

340 K M6!!!!!
ewwww....that M6 is ugy...sorry.....
AC schnitzers tuning on that car is horrible with a capital "H"....looks like the front of the car has a hairlip!(ummm...no offense to anyone with a hairlip)......R34 are the best japanese sports cars ever IMHO....AND I would love to see a video of a Skyline GT-R racing a M3 GTR.....anyone????????

adrean8j said:
AC schnitzers tuning on that car is horrible with a capital "H"....looks like the front of the car has a hairlip!(ummm...no offense to anyone with a hairlip)......R34 are the best japanese sports cars ever IMHO....AND I would love to see a video of a Skyline GT-R racing a M3 GTR.....anyone????????
In General Car Chat, I posted up a video of a 350Z vs S2000 vs M3 vs Skyline GT-R R34 vs Boxster. The GT-R is a significantly better machine than the other cars in that roundup and is there to be a camera car, but you get to see it in some good action.

adrean8j said:
I have a hair-lip, .....just kidding. Maybe the M6 is just ugly to begin with? If I had that kind of dough, I would buy a lotus, or some other lower-tier exotic car.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
mc909321 said:
I have a hair-lip, .....just kidding. Maybe the M6 is just ugly to begin with? If I had that kind of dough, I would buy a lotus, or some other lower-tier exotic car.
If i had that money i would buy a used Aston Martin or maybe an R34! LOL
or two M3's! Or one M3 and use the money to make it even faster.......

JCNZ

bad ass v-dub said:
It has an RB26DETT N1 Spec, TT means twin turbos, it has 206Hp and 392ft/lbs of torque and weighs 1780kg
They don't weight that much. The NUR in the pic is 1620kg with full fuel i think.

The M3 GTR is a full race car though isn't it? Geez the Nissan GTR is just a road car... can't really compare there.

What are your thoughts about the GTR's in the video though? Anybody checked it out?

Supras are pretty good in the straight line, but GTR has 4wd. I'm pretty sure thats there's a heap more GTR's in the 8's and below than supra's.

JCNZ

GTR Video

Here ya all go, the fastest GTR in the world...

Ran a 7.xx a few years ago. The vid is of a demo run in Australia. Thats only a 8 sec run i think though...

Right, wheres all the M3 GTR vids? I wanna see some real cars [:p]

http://www.exvitermini.com/movies/hksdrag.mpg

Also, look around that site. Its about another GTR which is about 1400hp... all with a 2.7 litre motor. Theres a video on the site of it doing a dyno run of 852 4wkw.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
JCNZ said:
The M3 GTR is a full race car though isn't it? Geez the Nissan GTR is just a road car... can't really compare there.
Welllllll.........it IS a race car AND a road car just like the Nissan GTR.......they wanted to use it in the ALMS and regular LMS and in order to do that it has to be a road car available for purchase on two continents....so BMW made 100 of the cars and sold them on two continents to get in the series....they sold for around 220,000 dollars each, then Porsche complained about BMW "loosely" interpreting the rules and the car was banned from ALMS...as a matter of fact Racings Darling, Danica Patrick, was supposed to drive PTG's M3 GTR the year it got banned.....V8, 444HP, 0-60 in 3.3secs here is an article:
www.automobilemag.com/reviews/0205_bmwm3gtr/
........pics of the race car and the road car....nuff said

Last edited:

JCNZ

adrean8j said:
Welllllll.........it IS a race car.......but the wanted to use it in the ALMS and regular LMS and in order to do that it has to be a road car available for purchase on two continents....so BMW made 100 of the cars and sold them on two continents to get in the series....they sold for around 450,000 dollars each.....V8, 444HP, 0-60 in 3.3secs........pics of the race car and the road car....nuff said
Holey sh!t, how wicked is that! [clap]

Don't think much in the world would come close to one of those. Anyone on the forum actually own one? Or are they all in collectors hands?

[drinking]