M3 vs Nissan Skyline R34 VspecllNur

Yea the Skyline is an awsome car, their are so many 1000hp+ skylines its not even funny. Anyway I do not think the skyline is 89k, thats what you would pay if you immported one but I believe in japan its about the same price as an M3. Also no one has mensioned the coolest thing about the Skyline, it is not just any old AWD system. The AWD system in the skyline called Atessa (spelling?) is awd when their is not enough traction but when it gets traction it swiches to Rwd. Also why get the 911? Did you know the EVO8 can hang with the 911 and beat it with just a few mods! And the EVO only cost $30,000. Now I like the 911 and would take it over the EVO any day but its just so over priced. If you dont believe me look at the Sept. 2003 issue of Sport compact car. They compared the 911, M3, S4, and EVO. However in the end they said the M3 had the most driver feed back and made you feel more conected. So the skyline is really just in another class just like the supra. The BMW M3 blocks are just not tuff enough to handle 1000hp like the Supra and skyline, atleast thats what im told. Still though the M3 is my dream car and when I get one I say screw everyone im going for the 1000hp mark [headbang]

What do you think how long does the Skyline lasts with 1000hp?

Tell me who wants to have a car where you have to do rebuilt of the engine every 2 months. BMW's are build for autobahn driving, where the car can run at top speeds for several hours without any problems. Even Ferrari or Lamborghini engines can't handle this kind of stress. And Im not talking about Lancer [hihi], that engine will get baked after 2 hours.

By the way you can easily supercharged or turbocharged M3 engine. But even without the M3 is a 290kmh automobil.

Last edited:
Oh yea the EVO is not ment to run red line long, I was just saying. Whats the most you have seen an E36 or E46 pushed too while still being street legal?

FnlApprch

People with eenough money anything is possible, Monster Garage built a jet powered Celica for $40,000. It's all about your level of commitment. That's why they are called the Ultimate Driving Machine.

I dont want to be an a**hole but Iam a BMW Enthusiast and has been studying BMW's sine I was 10 years old and can tell you that there are no such cars like BMW's. A 1300hp Skyline or any car in general has many downsides and it is dangeous.

If you have a 1000hp car and you will push it to its limit for 2 moths, you can start rebuilding.

Formula 1 engines are designed with maximum precision, from state of the art mateials and after its 2hour run has to be rebuild.

Formula 1 engines are designed with maximum precision, from state of the art mateials and after its 2hour run has to be rebuild.
We'll see about that in the new season with the one engine per race weekend rule [:D] .

Also you would have a hard time explaining 24 Hour Le Mans engines and DAKAR Rally engines based on that theory :p. Everything is made for a certain purpose under certain criteria with certain constraints. I have seen Toyota Supras and Nissan Skylines that pump anywhere between 800 and 1700 bhp, and they have been designed so that they could be driven (though not entirely easily) on a daily basis. On the other hand, Bimmer does not need to build a grand bhp plus cars because they have nothing to prove by doing so, they do what they do best, which is, to try and make the ultimate driving machine, and they achieve that purpose well, if not come VERY VERY close to it![:)]

rhit06

Have you ever looked into the R33 specs? They are a little lighter than the R34, but the suspensions in them are a lot different, yes an R33 would still kill a lot of cars on the track, but save your money and get an R34.

Skyline Specs

While there isn't much difference numbers wise, those slight changes make the R34 superior. Just save your money and get one. The price on them is going to drop like it did on the R33s.

The RB26DETT is a "bulletproof" engine though and responds very well to mods. The little 2.6L engine (not 2.8 as someone said earlier) can have its horsepower doubled without much effort. There are a lot of 1000 hp skylines out there, and if cared for, they can last as long as you want, but its like any 1000 hp car, i fyou beat it and don't take care of it, it won't last. I don't know how much you guys know about the 2JZ Toyota engine (The one in the Supra) but it has also been labeled as "bulletproof" and 1000 hp skylines outlast 1000hp Supras.

This is my first post on the forum, but I already sense a lot of Japanese Car hatred, lol. I do drive a Japanese car, but my next one is going to be an E36 M3, so don't call me loyal to nissan or anything like that. I just saw some little errors in the posts in this thread and thought I would throw in my $.02

Last edited:
I love the R33's looks better than the R34s, but both are awsome. Anyways I dont see why you couldnt make the same hp numbers with the M3. I mean it even has more displacement right?

Beemerworld said:
I dont want to be an a**hole but Iam a BMW Enthusiast and has been studying BMW's sine I was 10 years old and can tell you that there are no such cars like BMW's. A 1300hp Skyline or any car in general has many downsides and it is dangeous.

If you have a 1000hp car and you will push it to its limit for 2 moths, you can start rebuilding.

Just read this entire post...and as a recently inducted BMW owner I cannot believe the level of defensiveness and to a large degree 'close mindedness' of many BMW owners.

BMW is not the be all and end all. Lost of very tasty stuff out ther lads, go and drive some of it, it might broaden your appreciation. My 2 cents.....[?|]

Well Mr. royal_nismo is so caught up on the Skyline. He claims BMW are not that great. Now don't get me wrong the Skyline is a cool car, but don't bash BMW's. They are and always will be great cars 1.What and the he!! are you doing in a BMW forum? 2. oh yeah in 1983 BMW had a 1.5 Turbo -charged 4-cylinder race engine that produced 1,200 bhp for World Formula One. Oh yeah, BMW also built the engine for the McLaren F1 roadcar, I do have a video of the Mclaren F1 roadcar spanking a R33 Skyline. [cheers]

Last edited:
MrElussive said:
Omg, I can't believe you guys don't know what a Nissan Skyline GT-R is !!!!!!!!!!! It is a kickass sports car, one of the FEW worthy sports cars from Japan. It will rip up an M3 (and an M5, of course) on the track. AWD + 280hp twin turbo + superb handling makes it a track monster. It is worth every penny.
No one ever said that they didnt know what a Skyline GT-R is, They said they didnt know
of the GT-R vspec2Nur.

You know I have read all this in this column, and for the record, I proudly drive a BMW. All I can say is that if the skyline is faster.. who cares.. its still a rice burner car and it wont last as long as the BMW, wont hold its value like the BMW, and most importantly.. does not have the prestige of the BMW. We work hard to own BMW's because they represent our accomplishments.. all be it rather shallow in a small way, with the materialistic mentallity.. but nontheless, we drive a BMW becasue it is a BMW.

Have fun in your skyline..

Last edited:

epj3

I drive a bmw becuase its so much fun to own one, in many many different ways. I also began to enjoy people's expressions when I tell them they were spanked by my 170,000 mile 16 year old 325is [:p]

Blackice

OMG! so little love for one of the best cars ever [eek] the R32/R33/R34! you should walk in shame o and ejp3 my 2K junk yard ford Probe GT daily driver has never lost to a BMW in 7 years, so what are you racing Honda’s?