M3 vs Nissan Skyline R34 VspecllNur

epj3

Blackice said:
OMG! so little love for one of the best cars ever [eek] the R32/R33/R34! you should walk in shame o and ejp3 my 2K junk yard ford Probe GT daily driver has never lost to a BMW in 7 years, so what are you racing Honda’s?
Haha unless you've done mods, then the people werent really racing. I've definitely raced probe gt's (one kid at my school has one, and i've beaten him more than a few times.)

Skylines are kick ass cars, but I think using it as a daily driver w/1000+hp can get old quick. I have no doubt that they can hold their own and worthy of their legendary status. I would just prefer to spend less for a M3/M5. HH

R3LzX said:
You know I have read all this in this column, and for the record, I proudly drive a BMW. All I can say is that if the skyline is faster.. who cares.. its still a rice burner car and it wont last as long as the BMW, wont hold its value like the BMW, and most importantly.. does not have the prestige of the BMW. We work hard to own BMW's because they represent our accomplishments.. all be it rather shallow in a small way, with the materialistic mentallity.. but nontheless, we drive a BMW becasue it is a BMW.

Have fun in your skyline..
I don't agree. I am almost ashamed by some of this hatred. I have admired BMW's for a very long time and am finally a member of the club. I am so happy with mine, I'll probably buy more. All I'm saying is that you don't need to knock someone just because of what they like. I a guy drives a chevy citation and likes it, so what. Do you think you are better than him by bashing his car? I've owned several hondas and two rx-7's. I've loved them all.

There's def. a big dif. in owning a EUROPEAN car to owning an ASIAN car. I'd def. go w/ a EURO car ne day. I just drive my Blazer cuz I'm saving for that 330i w/ M package [thumb] then I can die happy after I buy the M3 [fake] [driving] [^]

The NSX-R recently ran a 7m 56s lap at the Nurburgring.

Not too shabby.

I don't need to mention my affinity for Japanese cars or German cars. I recall somebody saying something about a true enthusiast . . .

[;)]

I personally like the Skyline and if I was all into "streetracing" I would definately want something like a skyline in my back pocket. But.......since I don't streetrace and I just cruise on the autobahn the 5 series was my choice,HANDSDOWN. I like to "cruise" and have the power there when I need it, not 500+ hp everytime I hit the gas. With my lead foot I would end up dead or bankrupt from buying tires every 3 months.
OPEN MIND=OPEN HEART= AN AFFINITY OF ALL PERFORMANCE CARS. I am a Bimmer fan till the end...doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an ENZO if I had the cola. I feel I got maximum stats for the money I threw down. 530i= my dream car for the moment
Peace
tool[:o)]

I don't know how to do the pic thing either for what its worth. And I understand exactly where you are coming from with the car, too. Its all about the fun and good jujus that go with driving a BMW.

Blackice said:
o and ejp3 my 2K junk yard ford Probe GT daily driver has never lost to a BMW in 7 years, so what are you racing Honda’s?
.....nope, epj is right, I've beaten several Mustang GT's, and probe's don't come close to mustangs.

Blackice

frolf said:
.....nope, epj is right, I've beaten several Mustang GT's, and probe's don't come close to mustangs.
LOL that funny I stop racing mustangs because most of them are so slow, and the ones that are modified are so dame fast I cant touch them.

Just for shits a giggles her is a list of my mods on my cars o ya BTW im selling my probe GT for 5k if you know anyone.

91 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Motor (3S-GTE x7)

JE Pistons compression ratio change 8.5
JE Pistons Rings
Crower Rods
HKS Head gasket compression ratio change 8.8 1mm
HKS Cam shafts 264 intake 272 exhaust
HKS Cam gears
HKS valve springs
3-angle Head job
Gap the O-ring
Knife edged Crankshaft
U.R. aluminum Flywheel
U.R. Crank Pulley
HKS Duel Dragger exhaust system
Full motor balanced by -Heads my Paul-
ARP head studs
When I have the $$$ I will have a custom intake manifold

Turbo System

Greddy T78 Turbo
Greddy Type R external waste gate
Greddy Intercooler
Greddy ProfocB Boost controller (looking for something that can handle more boost)
HKS Type2 Blow off valve

Fuel Management

ACCEL DFI 7 EMS
ACCEL Wideband 02
MSD fuel pump
RC 900CC injectors
ExtremeBoost ½ fuel rail

Body & Suspension
TRD wide body kit
Toms air scoops (replicas) 100% custom feted
C-west carbon Fiber wing (thinking about)
boarder (replica) hood CF
HRE 447 19’s wheels
Back wheels 275.30.19
Front wheels 235.35.19
TEIN’s Flex Coilovers
Sparco Fuel cap

97 Honda CR 250:
Pro X piston
machined cylinder head, cylinder
Boyson power reed's
Mukunii Carburetor
Slaven's worked suspension front and rear with showa shocks
Renthal Chainwheels and chain
Answer triple clamps with anti vibration inserts
Pro Tapper handle bars,
Motion Pro throttle with aliumin throttle body,
Pro circuit pipe and silencer

93 Ford Probe GT:
Custom WISCO pistons 10.5:1
Knife edged crank
Port / polished heads and intake manifold
Unorthodox racing 9lb flywheel
Unorthodox racing crank pulley
Full motor balanced done by Heads By Paul
Hotshot intake / K&N air filter
Hotshot headers/ down pip
Custom 2.5 piping into APEXI exhaust
KL~ZE cam’s
RPM clutch
All new pumps, o2’s, bearings, gaskets ext…
Intrex springs
RR racing polyurethane motor mounts
Blocked EGR
And some other crap I cant think of right now.

specs on the skyline gtr vspec II nur

i am a car fanatic i know most specs on cars and stuff like that so here they are

ENGINE
2.6 n1 block 2x n1 turbos

TRANSMISSION
6 speed

0-60 4 sec

1/4 MILE 12 sec

BHP 500

MAX SPEED 190

and the one who would win if it was a stock skyline and a stock m3 would be the skyline only because this one comes turbo and pushing like 20psi if the m3 had 20 psi turbo then with no question the m3 would win in the long run but not off the line because the skyline is awd

JCNZ

Gtr Nur

Hey guys,

Just started reading these forums as im looking at getting an M3 and turboing it. Love the new shape!! [clap]

Anyway, FYI here's a pic of the only GTR NUR in New Zealand. It has the standard motor but with different turbo's (2530's) and is pushing over 420awkw.

Also, even standard GTR's with just an exhaust runs easy 12's in NZ on our really shitty tracks. If you want to see some GTR's in action check out this video... what do you think?

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=1085

EDIT: Also the above NUR did constant 3.9s 0-100km/h and constant 1.6s from 80-120km/h in a recent mag article. And this was done by the owner who is far from a professional driver.

JC

Attachments

Last edited:
Since everyone is coming out of the wood work on this one, I'll throw in my two cents.

Skyline is a great car, no doubt. I like my suits Italian, my cars German, and my girls Swedish. BUT, lets compare apples to apples PLEASE...

If you are using the modified Skyline Rs34 bla bla bla, you should be using the modifed M3 GTR. Then who wins the fight? This is a pic of me in my dreams driving this beast.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/m3gtr01_06.JPG

I say the M3 GTR.

JCNZ

mc909321 said:
If you are using the modified Skyline Rs34 bla bla bla, you should be using the modifed M3 GTR. Then who wins the fight? This is a pic of me in my dreams driving this beast.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/m3gtr01_06.JPG

I say the M3 GTR.
Thats damn awesome, but are you comparing the ones in the video or the pic? The one in the pic is a road car with all the comforts.

Also even the racing ones are road registered, not dedicated race cars.

But i agree, M3 GTR rocks the party [drinking]